BPW is about empowering young women to succeed.
2019 scholarship season is OPEN.
Who can apply?
Women graduating from high school, returning to school, or beginning secondary education are eligible to apply. Must be a resident of Charlotte County, FL or attend a Charlotte County, FL school.
What is the application deadline?
Applications are due by April 1st 2019. Return to Sue Strope c/o Ocean Partners Real Estate at 17179 Bonnie Avenue, Port Charlotte, FL 33954 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at bpwccfl.org. Sue’s phone is 941-456-5262.
What you need to apply:
- Higher education goals including the names of colleges you are considering or have applied to
- Estimated cost of attending college
- Personal financial information
- ACT and/or SAT Score Report
- Recent transcript showing unweighted GPA
- A list of your extracurricular activities, work expense, community service, honors and/or awards over the last two years.
- FAFSA/SAR (if completed) including tax information
- More information about the FAFSA/SAR can be found at fafsa.ed.gov.
You will need to write a Personal Essay
In 3500 characters or less, briefly describe your reasons and needs for seeking this scholarship. Please include goals and plans for the future, achievements, setbacks and skills. Explain to the reader who you are and why you have chosen to attend a post-secondary school.
- Reason why you need this scholarship
- Planned field of study and why you chose that field
- Goals and plans for your future
- Please check for correct spelling and grammatical errors.